Free of additives and preservatives, Manitoba Harvest Hemp Seed oil is nature’s richest source of the Essential Fatty Acids (76%) and is a rich source of GLA (3%). Offering a healthy balance of Omega 3, 6 & 9, Manitoba Harvest Hemp oil can be taken daily for optimum health and well-being. The unique nutty flavour of Hemp Seed oil compliments a variety of foods. Hemp oil is a great base to any salad dressing and it can be mixed with yogurt, juices, smoothies, soups, pasta and rice dishes and much more. This gourmet Hemp oil is thoughtfully selected and manufactured without the use of pesticides or herbicides and contains no Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs). [LIQUID]
- Nutritional Facts:
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Trans Fat
- Polyunsaturated Fat
- Omega-3 Fatty Acid
- Omega-6 Fatty Acid
- Dietary Fiber
100% certified organic hemp seed oil.
- Nature’s Richest Source Of The Essential Fatty Acids
- High In GLA
- Provides An Ideal Balance Of Omega 6 To Omega 3 Fatty Acids
- Cold Pressed From Manitoba Harvest Hemp Seed That Is Grown Sustainably Without The Use Of Herbicides Or Pesticides
- No Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs) & Certified Organic
- MANITOBA HARVEST HEMP FOOD & OILSManitoba Harvest Hemp has a gourmet nutty flavor that tastes so good you can eat it straight from the jar. Use it to create delicious protein shakes, add it to juices, smoothies and green drinks.Manitoba Harvest Hemp Protein Powder is a whole food protein powder. It is rich in complete protein 50%, branch chain amino acids, Omega 6 & Omega 3 Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs) and healthy dietary fibre.Manitoba Harvest Hemp Protein Powder is cold milled from live viable hemp seed that is grown sustainably without the use of herbicides or pesticides.Natural plant extracts consists of a patented product called Origanox. Origanox is a natural, completely water soluble, powerful antioxidant, extracted from edible herb species, belonging to the Labitae family (such as Origanum vulgare and Salvia officinalis).Established in 1998, Manitoba Harvest is a farmer owned company. We operate a 20,000 Sq. Ft. state-of-the-art, 100% wind-powered, organic and kosher certified facility where we make hemp foods fresh daily and adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs). We have and will continue to guarantee you the freshest and highest quality hemp food products on the market.
What are EFAs?
Omega 3-6-9 oils are a combination of three types of essential fatty acids.”Essential” means that the body does not produce the fatty acids on its own and therefore they must be taken in through the diet. The standard North American diet is deficient in essential fatty acids, especially omega 3s. Every cell needs essential fatty acids for its cell membrane where the fats make the important barrier that lets other molecules into and out of the cell.
Without the healthy fats cells become porous and chemical or nutrient imbalances can occur. The essential fats also produce chemical messengers, such as hormones, in the body thus, omega 3-6-9 oils help to optimize hormone levels in both men and women. Essential fatty acids have been used to treat eczema, psoriasis, attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder, atherosclerosis, hypertension, diabetes, multiple sclerosis, menopause and PMS. They also improve hair and skin, prevent blood clots, improve memory and regulate hormone levels.
There are three categories of EFAs, omega 3, omega 6 and omega 9. Vegetable-based combination oils usually contain alpha-linolenic acid, ALA, for omega 3, gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), for omega 6 and oleic acid, for omega-9. The sources of the oils are several of the following: flaxseed, borage, black currant, hemp, pumpkin seed, primrose, sunflower or safflower. Some combination oils include fish oils derived from fish such as herring, cod, mackerel, tuna or salmon. These oils give the added benefit of containing docosahexanoic acid, DHA, and eicosapentaenoic acid, EPA, two other types of omega 3 fatty acids.
More about Hemp…
Hemp oil is 75-80% essential fatty acids. The essential fatty acids (EFAs)contained in hemp seed oil are required in our diet more than any other vitamin,yet our bodies do not naturally produce them. They must be obtained from external sources in the food we eat.North Americans have a high dietary deficiency in EFAs due to out high intake of animal fats versus plant fats, caused by our high consumption of processed foods and meats versus natural organic foods.Essential fatty acids have been used to treat eczema, psoriasis, attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder, atherosclerosis, hypertension, diabetes, multiple sclerosis, menopause and PMS. They also improve hair and skin, prevent blood clots, improve memory and regulate hormone levels.
Hemp seed oil contains 3:1 ratio of omega 6 (linoleic/ LA) to omega 3 (alpha-linolenic/ ALA) essential fatty acids,determined to be the optimum requirement for long-term healthy human nutrition. In addition, it also contains smaller amounts of 3 other polyunsaturated fatty acids in gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), oleic acid and stearidonic acid. This EFA combination is unique among edible oil seeds. Hemp seed oil also provides an adequate supply of vitamin E,carotene,phytosterols, phospholipids and a number of minerals including calcium, magnesium, sulphur, potassium, phosphorus,along with modest amounts of iron and zinc. For more information on how the fatty acids, vitamins and minerals in hemp seed oil work see the articles on the individual nutrient.